This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Sarah Kim

Hometown: Manalapan, NJ

School and Year: Barnard’17

Major: Economics (and Sociology Minor)

Campus Activities: SGA (Senior Rep to the Board of Trustees & Chair of Elections Commission), Gamma Phi Beta (Financial VP), Columbia/Barnard VDay Productions (Treasurer), and I sit on the University Senate’s Subcommittee for Students with Disability and the Presidential Taskforce on Diversity and Inclusion. Oh, and I’m the writing intern at DoSomething.org.

Describe yourself in ten words or less: Perfectly imperfect girl trying to make the best of life.

Ideal show for you to Netflix and Chill to: Either Gilmore Girls or Law & Order.

Favorite form of procrastination: Working out! (I know, I’m one of those girls)

Favorite Barnard memory: Over one weekend freshman year, I met (& hugged) Gloria Steinem and attended my first Bacchanal with my homies. Clearly, one of those events is easier to remember than the other.

Best Class: A creative writing seminar called “Daily Life.”

Worst Class: Intermediate Microeconomics.

Favorite restaurant in Mo’ Hi: Artopolis (especially because of the bottomless mimosas for brunch!).

Current relationship status: Newly single (& happy)

What do you look for in a partner? His ability to love me unconditionally even when life gets shitty!

Biggest turn off for you? Mama’s boys (‘cause I ain’t your mama)

Three things you can’t live without: Coffee, alcohol, and coffee (seriously though!)

Five things you want to do before you graduate: Be in a fashion show for one of the cultural heritage months, get on top of the roof at Butler, establish the right replacement for Cannon’s, become a mentor-like figure to one or more first-year(s), & LEAVE A LEGACY!

What advice would you give to freshmen? You don’t need to do or know everything! 5-year plans almost never work out, but the uncertainty of life, although scary, is what’s the most beautiful about life! And remember to give yourself a break time to time and do things for YOURSELF AND YOUR WELL-BEING!

Alicia S

Columbia Barnard