This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

A rainy day at Colgate isn’t out of the blue.  I mean what is Upstate New York in the fall without rain?  No one is ever in the mood to do homework, especially during the stormy grey days.  So what do we as college students resort to?  Netflix.

Sick of watching the same Netflix movies? 

Here are some movies that are totally underrated and/or forgotten about…

1. The Ugly Truth

Who doesn’t love a Katherine Heigl Rom-Com?  The Ugly Truth is crude, funny, and hilarious.  Uptight Katherine Heigl meets the crude and relaxed Gerard Butler.

2. Life As We Know It 

The ultimate bachelor becomes a father in a turn of events.  Josh Duhamel and Katherine Heigl will steal your hearts during this Rom-Com.

3. Any movie with Freddie Prinze Jr.

“Summer Catch” or “She’s All That” are classic coming of age movies.  “Summer Catch” is a baseball themed coming of age movie showcasing Freddie Prinze Jr.’s rise to success starring alongside Jessica Biel.  “She’s All That”, hot shot Freddie Prinze Jr. makes a bet he can turn any girl into the hottest girl at school.  Little does he know he may or may not end up falling in love.

4. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are a dynamic duo in this motion picture.  Two strong-headed individuals both on a quest to win their bets.  Matthew’s bet being that he can make any girl fall in love with him.  Kate Hudson’s being she has to lose a guy in ten days.  Both use each other and both succeed, but the end result will surprise you.

5. The Blind Side

One of the best sports movies of all time.  A heart wrenching story of NFL player Michael Orr’s journey to stardom.  This movie shows how hard work, determination, and heart are more important than any other qualities in achieving your dream.

Colgate
My name is Meghan and I am very excited to be Colgate's Campus Correspondent! I am a junior at Colgate and a Sociology major. My hometown is Manhattan Beach, California, and Colgate is such an amazing and special place to me (despite getting used to the brutal winters)! I love social media, writing, and photography, and can't wait to share all of the events, trending topics, and news happening at Colgate this coming semester!