Style > Beauty

Natural, Nourishing Skincare Recs For The Winter Season

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

Although the winter season comes with magical flurries and holiday cheer, it also brings the season of dry skin. If your skin is sensitive this time of year, or you’re just looking for a way to level-up your skin care, take this advice: make it seasonal! Different weather patterns require different care, and in winter, it’s all about nourishment

Whether it’s acne, fine-lines, or dryness that gets you down, here are a few products that can help you manage these natural fluctuations in the skin. 

1. CeraVe, Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Facial Cleanser ($17)
    • If you’re looking for a gentle cleanser, this cleanser by CeraVe is for you. Out of the brand’s entire Cream-to-Foam line, this hydrating cleanser is the gentlest option — it doesn’t leave your skin feeling tight or dry. When you wash off the foamy lather, you’re left with supple, gently cleansed skin. 
  1. CosRx, Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence ($25)
    • After cleansing, gently press this gel-like serum from CosRx into your skin. And you heard that right: snail mucin! This serum is made from the anti-inflammatory gel that allows snails to slide on the ground scratching their bellies. No wonder it’s great at minimizing acne and irritation!
  1. Krave Beauty, Beet The Sun Lightweight Sunscreen ($20)
    • After using your moisturizer of choice, it’s time to add a final layer of protection: SPF. Winter doesn’t feel like a warm season, but UV rays still loom — the sun reflects brightly off of snow and can age the skin. Aging is a natural process and privilege, but Krave Beauty’s Beet the Sun Sunscreen can empower you to embrace it. Its dewy formula enhances your natural glow and helps stall the appearance of fine lines. The Krave line was formulated by Liah Yoo, a K-beauty influencer who values making simple, soothing products. 
  1. Rhode Skin, Peptide Lip Tints ($16)
    • We can’t forget about the thin, sensitive skin on our lips, and Hailey Bieber’s Rhode Skin line has just the product for that! The brand’s Peptide Lip Tints have everything you need: a restorative formula, a glossy luster, and a variety of colors to choose from. Achieve the no-makeup makeup look by layering the espresso or sheer pink-colored shade with your skincare. 
  1. The Ordinary, Multi-Peptide Lash and Brow Serum ($15)
    • In the time of lash serums that irritate and redden the eye, The Ordinary’s multi-peptide serum has all of the safe ingredients you’ve been looking for. This serum, which relies on plant-based active ingredients, lengthens your lashes like miracle-gro. Apply this serum daily in the evening, and you’ll notice your growth in no-time. 
  1. Caudalie, Grape Water Moisturizing Face Mist ($20)
    • For a nourishing extra-touch throughout the day, try Caudalie’s grape water facial mist. This simple, hydrating spray is made from 100% organic grape water, and contains an abundance of minerals to soak into your skin. 
  1. Glossier, Milky Jelly Cleansing Bar ($18)
    • In the dry skin season, we can’t forget about body care! Glossier’s new Milky Jelly Cleansing Bar is formulated without fragrance for a gentle, sudsy clean that protects the skin barrier. Pair this product with a thick moisturizer to seal in the milky-jelly plumping effect. You’ll notice the glow!
Tate Fonda

Colgate '25

Tate Fonda is a third-year student at Colgate University with concentrations in Neuroscience and English. She writes for University News and the Maroon, and in her free time, she collects vinyl records and broadcasts a radio show.