Frank Dining Hall Says New Year, New You & Us Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colgate chapter.

With the turn of the new year—the saying “New Year, New Me” is more relevant than ever. Coming back to Colgate with a new semester ahead of us, resolutions of working out, being more productive and eating healthier most certainly top the list of students. Luckily for us, Frank Dining Hall seemed to adapt this “new year, new me” phrase by completely changing not only its appearance but also the food variety for students. The decorative jars of food, shining copper pots and pans hanging up on the walls and the sandwich trays are fancier than ever. Frank offers a scenic destination for breakfast, lunch and dinner—in addition to cooking up some awesome new dishes that will make you want to actually stick to your New Year’s resolution of eating salad instead of french fries!

Frank’s new menu items include—but are definitely not limited too:

1. INFUSED WATER

Frank had this last semester but they have totally outdone themselves this time. New purified water containers allow the fruit to infuse its flavor—without fear of pulp—making it easier to drink and clean your reusable bottle! Did I mention there are six kinds of water? Check it out!

2. SALMON

Fish is such a good source of vitamins and nutrients, including proteins and vitamin D—and Frank now offers salmon! Grab a ready-to-go salmon burger or top your salad with chopped salmon from the salad bar to add some extra lean protein to your day.

3. ALTERNATIVE MILK FRIDGE

Last semester it used to be hidden under the cereal and you only knew about it if you asked. Now the fridge is clearly marked and always fully loaded to accommodate everyone’s dietary needs in the dairy department!

4. SANDWICHES

Whether you want to make your own or have one made for you, Frank’s sandwich stations are full of new toppings, spreads and different types of breads for the semester. Panini them for some extra flavor and added crisp!

5. FRUITS AND VEGGIES

The dining hall has added so many more baskets of fruit for you to pick just the right one. From shiny red apples and sweet oranges, to ripe avocados—there’s always a healthy snack to grab and go before that early morning class or athletic practice!

Stop by Frank Dining Hall to see for yourself—you won’t want to miss this opportunity to fulfill those New Year’s resolutions you made. Afterall—New Year, New You, New Frank.