This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

You probably clicked on this article because you a) have already downloaded the Co-Star app, b) believe in astrology or c) have no idea what the heck it is.

Co-Star is a popular astrology app for your phone. I’m here to tell you that everyone needs to download the app right now, regardless of your belief in astrology. And no, this is not a sponsored post.

What is it?: Co-Star is meant for those who really care about their astrological charts. It gives a detailed overview of all the planet charts and daily horoscopes based on your date, time, and place of birth. It even has a social aspect, as the app lets you connect with friends and compare compatibility with each other.

What I love: The daily notifications Co-Star sends you! Some are cryptic, while others are creepily dead-on. These notifications are the reason why I think this app is so important, because it gives you a daily reminder to live in the moment and stay positive.

Here are some notifications I got throughout the week:

Some of these are crazy on point, while others are general reminders to stay positive. For example, “Go out tonight” on a Wednesday night is a bit of an odd horoscope, but it is reminding you to live in the moment and have fun. On days where I’m super overwhelmed or anxious, these reminders, regardless of if it’s accurate horoscopes, are really nice to have.

So whether you believe in horoscopes or not, this app is a fun and interactive way to stay on top of your mental health.

I am a senior at Colby studying Art History and Global Studies. I love talking about art, coffee, and books! At Colby, I'm a barista at Mary Low Coffee House, a member of Asian Student Association, co-chair of Museum Student Advisory Board, and Colby Dancers. So happy to be a part of the HerCampus family!