Trader Joe'S
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Trader Joe’s Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

One of my favorite activities in Portland, Maine is going shopping at Trader Joe’s! When I first came to Maine freshman year, I was so shocked to find out that there is only one TJ’s in Maine, and that it is so far from Colby. Living in the downtown apartments, TJ’s has made it so easy for me to cook, and I always make sure to make a trip there when I am in Portland. Whether you have a kitchen in your dorm or not, it’s (in my opinion) one of the best places to get food—here are my top 10 must have items from TJ’s!

Mandarin Orange Chicken

So easy to make, this is one of my favorite frozen foods at TJ’s! Just pop them onto a frying pan and mix it with the sauce provided.

Mini Brie Bites

These are absolutely perfect for snacking and sharing with friends! It’s nice because you won’t have to buy and waste a huge chunk of brie.

Organic Toasted Coconut Granola

I love putting this on yogurt every morning! 

Simply Almonds, Cashews & Chocolate Trek Mix

These are really good for snacking on the go. They’re also available in small packets!

Sliced French Brioche

Hands down one of the best loaves of bread—seriously. It’s so fluffy and really sweet! 

Gone Bananas!

These chocolate covered banana bites are another perfect snack. No need to defrost them, just take them out of the freezer and they are ready to eat!

Organic Tomato & Roasted Pepper Soup

This is also so good to eat! I usually just pour some into a mug and microwave it. Pro tip: try it with a French Brioche toast : )

Cha Siu Bao Chinese Style Pork Buns

These Chinese-style pork buns are so good if you are hungry but not hungry enough for a full meal.

Green Goddess Salad Dressing

A really good and healthy dressing that has a blend of avocado, green onion, lemon juice, chives, basil, and garlic! Yum! Also I love putting it on as a pasta sauce.

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

Reese’s? What’s that?

Next time you make a trip down to Portland, be sure to stop by TJ’s and check out these yummy suggestions!

I am a senior at Colby studying Art History and Global Studies. I love talking about art, coffee, and books! At Colby, I'm a barista at Mary Low Coffee House, a member of Asian Student Association, co-chair of Museum Student Advisory Board, and Colby Dancers. So happy to be a part of the HerCampus family!