This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

This list of throwbacks will make you question why you ever stopped listening to these hits.            

1. LMNT- “Juliet

Released in: 2001

Memorable Lyrics: “I think you’re fine, you really blow my mind. Maybe someday, you and me could run away.”

2. Nelly (ft. Kelly Rowland)- “Dilemma

Released in: 2002

Memorable Lyrics: “No matter what I do, all I think about is you. Even when I’m with my boo, boy, you know I’m crazy over you.”

3. Blink 182- “All the Small Things

Released in: 1999

Memorable Lyrics: “Say it ain’t so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home.”

4. Gavin DeGraw- “In Love With a Girl

Released in: 2008

Memorable Lyrics: “She knows how to treat a fella right, gives me that feeling every night. Wants to make love when I wanna fight. Now someone understands me.”

5. Sean Kingston- “Take You There

Released in: 2007

Memorable Lyrics: “We could go to the tropics, sip piña coladas, shorty I could take you there.”

6. Britney Spears- “Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.

Released in: 2004

Memorable Lyrics: “Isn’t she lovely, this Hollywood girl? And they say… She’s so lucky, she’s a star.”

7. Nelly- “Ride Wit Me

Released in: 2000

Memorable Lyrics: “Oh why do I live this way? Hey, must be the money!”

8. Third Eye Blind- “Semi-Charmed Life

Released in: 1997

Memorable Lyrics: “I want something else, to get me through this semi-charmed kind of life baby, baby.”

9. Ciara (ft. Missy Elliot)- “1, 2 Step

Released in: 2005

Memorable Lyrics: “Rock it, don’t stop it, everybody get on the floor. Wake the party up, we about to get it on.”

10. Chris Brown (ft. T-Pain)- “Kiss Kiss

Released in: 2007

Memorable Lyrics: “She want that lovey dovey (lovey dovey), that kiss, kiss (kiss, kiss), in her mind she fantasize ‘bout gettin’ with me.”

11. M.I.A.- “Paper Planes

Released in: 2007

Memorable Lyrics: “I fly like paper, get high like planes.”

I'm a first year at Colby College. I have not declared a major yet, but I am considering majoring in psychology and minoring in human development. On campus, I am part of Colby Cares about Kids, a mentoring program, Lives of Purpose, a volunteer group, and now Her Campus Colby! I like to sing (even if I'm not the best lol), go to the gym (when I'm motivated...), and I am a Netflix addict.
Natalie Goodman is a sophomore at Colby with a double major in Government and French. Outside of class, she is a member of the French club, the theater club, and the Hillel on campus. She is in love with makeup, chocolate, and salt and vinegar Cape Cod potato chips.