More than Pumpkin Spice: Best Things to Order at Starbucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

We’ve all been obsessed with Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Peppermint Mochas, and Green Tea Lattes. But really, Starbucks is more than just sugary drinks and seasonal fun. These orders will have you spicing up you Starbucks run.

Green Eye  – Need to pull an all-nighter to finish that sociology paper? Have a high tolerance to caffeine already? Try this caffeinated insanity. It’s a normal starbucks coffee but with three (yes, THREE) shots of espresso. It’ll keep you up for hours. It’s like a redbull and a monster mixed together that tastes like coffee.

Goes great with: visine for your sleep deprived eyes, tissues for your hopeless tears, and a laptop for when you actually need to get you work done.

Lemon Loaf – It’s basically lemon cake with lemon icing, but they disguise it as bread so you don’t feel as guilty for ordering a piece of cake a snack.

Best time to eat: those days when you tell yourself that walking up to the apartments or heights is a valid workout.

Grilled Cheese – This is literally the best hangover cure ever. Made on multigrain, oval, and really good bread, this cheesy delight tastes like your back at home (really to some coffee addicts, Starbucks is home).

Goes great with: last night’s makeup, last night’s outfit, sex hair, and those classic hangover sunglasses.

Dirty Chai Latte – This may be on this list just because it’s called a dirty chai. It’s a normal Chai Latte but with a shot of espresso in it. Sounds kind of funky, but it’s definitely worth a try.

Would not recommend for: chai latte purists, coffee snobs, people who only drink French pressed coffee, anyone in Coffee Club.

Refreshers – Basically, refreshers are iced tea but with caffeine and more sugar, so all in all, way better than iced tea. They’re iced tea’s hotter, older sister.

Drink when: it’s shorts weather, you’re on a beach, you’re wearing sunglasses, you’re feelin’ fruity.