This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Jumana Hashim, a senior with a double major in Bioligy and Education, how cool! Jumana tells HC about her campus activities and her best piece of advice for every college student.

Where are you from?

I am originally from Bangladesh, but I grew up in Singapore.

What’s your major?

Biology with a concentration in Neuroscience and Education with a Human Development concentration.

What was your favorite class at Colby?

My favorite class was Woody Plants with Professor Stone. The labs are really fun. We took walks in nature with our classmates. And Professor Stone is so cool!

What are some of the things you’re involved in on campus?

Women’s Rugby, SGA, CVC.

Of those, what’s your favorite and why?

Rugby, hands down. The team is my family away from home.

What’s your best Colby memory?

This is a hard one. I will have to say the time when my team got together last year to fight for #savecolbyrugby. 

What are you most looking forward to in your last semester?

Enjoying every bit of Maine and Colby – taking in all the privileges we have by living and studying on a campus like ours. Also, my last Doghead.

What’s one piece of advice you have for younger Colby students?

Get to know someone new every month – preferably outside of your usual social group.

Natalie Goodman is a sophomore at Colby with a double major in Government and French. Outside of class, she is a member of the French club, the theater club, and the Hillel on campus. She is in love with makeup, chocolate, and salt and vinegar Cape Cod potato chips.