A Green Beauty Skincare Routine for Busy College Students

College students rarely have enough time to finish homework, let alone complete a whole skincare routine in a cramped dorm bathroom. Well, I am here to tell you it is possible to be a busy college student and take care of your skin (bonus: using all-natural products). Throughout middle school and high school, I struggled with acne. I tried what felt like every product out there, given to me by all sorts of dermatologists, before I came upon the concept of “green beauty.” Green beauty is a branch of skincare that categorizes skincare products that are made with naturally derived ingredients and are free from harmful chemicals. After a month or two of using all-natural skincare products, my skin drastically improved. At first, this routine consisted of many time-consuming steps, but as I adapted to college life, I condensed my routine to a few simple steps in the morning and at night, but my skin has still stayed acne-free and healthy. Below is the skincare routine I follow and highly recommend, along with some suggested products I personally have tried and loved. 

Every morning and night (I suggest using one product listed under each step below): 

Step 1: Cleanse

Step 2: Tone 

Step 3: Serum (I skip this step if I don’t have time)

Step 4: Moisturize 

Wednesdays: After cleansing and before other steps, exfoliate

Sundays: After cleansing, do a face mask with a friend!

• Leave on Leahlani honey love for 15-20 minutes

• Leahlani mermaid mask

• Leave on Brown and Coconut brightening face polish for 15-20 minutes 

Overall, I have found that my favorite simple green beauty skincare lines are Leahlani, Brown and Coconut, and Farmaesthetics. I recommend looking on the website The Detox Market for any green beauty products you are interested in. I hope this inspires you to take good care of your skin even when things get busy. You will thank yourself in the long run!