Five Reasons Hot Yoga is the Single Best Thing in the World!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Five Reasons Hot Yoga is the Single Best Thing in the World- and why you should continue your practice all summer!

1)   You will be able to spend more time in the summer heat-

Through a religious hot yoga practice, your body becomes more acclimated with the heat. You will begin to feel that the scorching outdoor temperatures of summer are more bearable because of your body’s ability to naturally cool itself more efficiently and effectively. If it is hot enough you should even do it outside!

2)   Shavasana!

You will be at peace as a result of religious shavasana practice. This is a mental and physical practice that will help you relax and enjoy the summer days in a more present mindset.

3)   Better habits-

Hot Yoga requires, and therefore encourages, healthy practices and continuous hydration. If you are doing hot yoga all summer, you will be more aware of your body’s need for water and electrolytes.

4)   Flexibility-

Yoga is great for testing and pushing your body’s flexibility. You will be in much better shape all summer, and therefore more able to participate in other fun summer activities with ease.

5)   Happiness-

You will look better and feel better all summer. Hot yoga is one of the best forms of exercise, and those who participate swear by it. It gets you into excellent shape and keeps your endorphin levels high.