This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

We’ve all done it. We’ve watched YouTube videos to learn how to curl hair, put on eyeliner, do the best manicure – I even had a friend who learned how to shave her legs from a YouTuber! Plus, watching these videos a great form of procrastination! Here are five of my favorite YouTube beauty experts to watch.

1. Shani Grimmond 

Though she’s not very famous, this Australian YouTuber is great to watch.  She’ll give you the information you need for everyday maintenance, as well as for special nights out.  Her accent is also a plus!

2. Michelle Phan

She’s one of the more famous beauty experts on the Internet.  She’ll teach you everything, from the essential basics of makeup, to how to do a smoky eye. She’s also super engaging.  

3. Bethany Mota 

This spunky young vlogger from California will keep you entertained and informed!  The How-To videos she does are also very applicable to everyday life.

4. Zoella 

Her videos are worth the watch, even if it’s for the British accent alone.  With almost five million subscribers, you know her videos are worth a view.

5. Jenna Marbles 

One of my personal favorites, she is hilarious and will even tell you what your makeup or nails say about you.  I would suggest going back to her older videos if you want to find more legitimate, yet still impossibly funny tutorials.

Bonus: Watch this video to brighten your day!