This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Looking for a cute way (or seven) to wear your hair up in the warm weather? These braids are perfect for any hair type and look great too.

1. Fishtail Braid

This braid will only take you about 10 minutes but looks like you have put hours into it! It looks great as a tight braid or loosely teased.

2. Waterfall Braid 

This braid is a bit more complicated but looks great in any hair color. It works especially well in wavy hair.

3. Side Braid and Bun

This braid is great for formal events and gives you a chance to rock that cute pair of earrings you never get to wear.

4. Side French Braid

This braid is a spin off of the classic French Braid. Plus, if you know how to french braid, you already know how to do it.

5. Headband Braid

This braid keeps your hair out of your face like a headband does (hence the name), and it also looks great.

6. Braid into a Bun

This hairstyle is business in the front, party in the back.

7. Ribbon Braid

Try adding a piece of ribbon to any braid or even just a classic braid for a nice touch.

Hi my name is Kylie. I am a freshman at Colby College right now. I am from Ridgewood, New Jersey. I enjoy hanging out with friends and playing sports. I am planning on majoring in physics and minoring in math!