This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Hey business enthusiasts, as you might have noticed the Student Government Association (SGA) at Coastal hosted a Shark Tank on February 14th, 2019 for student organizations around campus. They offered up to $8,000 for an organization to put on a campus-wide event. They presented their different events in front of a couple of our “CCU Sharks” or judges at high-end stakes for the prize. There were a wide variety of events presented and the “Sharks” picked their top three. The students then voted for the winning event. After a long night of many fantastic pitches, two presenters paired their ideas together for one awesome event coming to your campus soon.

Alpha Delta Pi, Delta Sigma Theta, and the CCU track team will be partnering up to bring CCU a glow in the dark run in the honor of Ovarian cancer this spring semester. They hope to make more people aware and get people talking about this serious issue. The color of Ovarian cancer just happens to be teal, so come out and show support for your school and those affected by this terrible disease. The run will also be honoring former CCU assistant track coach, Dionne Henley, who recently passed away from Ovarian cancer.

Not only is the run for a good cause, but it is meant to bring people all over campus out for a good time. The run will take place at night, trailing throughout campus and will have a variety of glow in the dark activities set up. There is something for everyone to do, and walking is completely acceptable on this glow course. The run offers the perfect way to blow off some spring semester stress and hang out with your friends. Not to mention the perfect photo opportunity with lights and a glow in the dark photo booth. The best part about this event is that it is free to all CCU students. Make sure you come out and support your school and a good cause Chants.

To all of the other organizations out there don’t forget that SGA hosted this event as a reminder that they can provide funding to organizations all over campus. The process is relatively easy and completely worth it.

Hayley Salsberry is originally from Fredericksburg, VA and is attending Coastal Carolina University for a Hospitality Resort & Tourism Management major with minors in Marketing and History. She is a Pinterest addict and loves to travel. You can usually find her using all of her campus dining dollars on a pink drink at Starbucks or reading on the beach. Follow her Instagram for more @haylstorm09
Olivia Burke

Coastal Carolina '19

Olivia Burke is a college student, freelance writer, and campus correspondent at Coastal Carolina University. She has written about everything from Valentine's Day to political candidates. When she isn't studying or working on a new article, she is either eating fresh hibachi or catching up on This Is Us on Hulu.