Nature Flowers Spring Pink
Nature Flowers Spring Pink
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

Cooking for the College Student: Cinnamon Twists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Now, I know that we are all lazy college students. However, as lazy as we are, we are also hungry and almost always looking for something to enjoy. Now I don’t know about you, but there is nothing better than something that is chewy and crunchy at the same time but also sweet and salty.

The cinnamon twists I’m about to introduce you to remind me of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels without the guilt of spending your last $5 on an unhealthy snack that you can only enjoy once. 

You start with Pillsbury Biscuits, which will be your dough. You are going to separate them from each other and roll them out. You don’t want them completely flat, but you want them to be stretched enough so that you can twist them into infinity signs. 

Next, you are going to dip the dough into melted butter. The key is to completely cover the dough, that way the cinnamon-sugar mixture sticks to it. Then you are going to coat the dough in cinnamon sugar. There are a few ways you can do this, you can put each pastry in a Ziploc bag of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and shake it around, or you can sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the dough. 

After each of the pastries is coated in the cinnamon-sugar mixture they are ready to be baked. Simply follow the instructions on the biscuit container and enjoy your sweet treat. 

Be warned that they can be addictive and once you make them for your friends they won’t ever want to leave. 

Ingredients:

1 can of Pillsbury Biscuits

1 Tbsp of Cinnamon

4 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar

1 Tbsp of Melted Butter

Cookie sheet or tinfoil pan 

Steps:

1) Preheat oven to 350°

2) Roll out biscuits

3) Twist biscuits into an infinity sign

4) Combine cinnamon and sugar

5) Dip pastries into melted butter

6) Coat in cinnamon sugar

7) Place on a cookie sheet or tinfoil pan 

8) Bake until golden brown

9) Enjoy!

Photo below: Christina Boyette

Michelle Boyette

Coastal Carolina '22

Michelle is a student studying public health, psychology, and creative writing. She is hoping that through her writing she will spark joy and change in a world that is desperately in need of both.