This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Coastal Carolina chapter.

Bad days are unfortunately an inevitable side effect of life. Sometimes you completely miss the deadline for an assignment by just 20 minutes. Sometimes you spill coffee all over your white jeans. Sometimes you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It happens. On those bad days that seem to get worse with every minute that goes by, we should turn to Hannah Montana’s classic single, “Nobody’s Perfect.” She has a point when she says, “everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days.”

To escape from reality on the worst days ever, I’ve compiled some of my favorite tunes that immediately make me forget my troubles. For anyone who needs a pick-me-up, here is a list of songs that have the power to lift your spirits.

1. Treat People With Kindness by Harry Styles
  2. The Sound by The 1975
  3. Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
  4. Handmade Heaven (Krystal Klear Remix) by MARINA, Krystal Klear
  5. Can I Call You Tonight? by Dayglow
  6. Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
  7. All Night by Chance the Rapper, Knox Fortune
  8. Still The One by Orleans
  9. Hallelujah by Years & Years
  10. Ride or Die by The Knocks, Foster The People
  11. Butterflies by Kacey Musgraves
  12. Lost In Yesterday by Tame Impala
  13. Stronger by Britney Spears
  14. Left to Right by Marteen 
  15. Talk Too Much by COIN
  16. Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) by Backstreet Boys
  17. Different by The Academic 
  18. Tongue Tied by Grouplove
  19. Electric Feel by MGMT
  20. Live In The Moment by Portugal. The Man
  21. Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
  22. Take A Walk by Passion Pit
  23. Out Of My League by Fitz and The Tantrums
  24. Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners
  25. Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

All of these songs can be found on Spotify or Apple Music, and to make life easier, I created a Spotify playlist just for you. Happy listening!

Angelica Pizza

Coastal Carolina '21

Angelica is a student at Coastal Carolina University studying communication, journalism and women's and gender studies. She has a passion for writing and hopes to pursue a career as a writer or editor for a magazine.