This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello, everybody! Welcome to 2019. I would like to start something new this year, something not only for myself but for you as well. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to write my thoughts into a journal to help get out the day-to-day trials I face, no matter how small or big. On the first page of my journal is a theme. This theme is for the entire year of 2019. I’ve never done anything like this before, but there is no better time to start something new than the beginning of the year. I want to live by this particular theme because it is about time for a change. The theme of 2019 is prosperity.

Prosperity. Google defines prosperity as “the state of being prosperous.” Synonyms of this word include success, good fortune, and ease.

I take prosperity as a way of showcasing all the changes I’ve made. For me personally, these last few years have been a period of growth. During this period, I have conquered many things that I never thought I would. I opened up my mind, thought of the future, learned to love myself for who I am, and created goals. I believe it is time to showcase all that I have learned and how I have grown.

I chose the word prosperity because to me it means I’m done growing (for now) and that I am ready to be me. This me is someone that is happy, full of life, and has success on her mind. Last year I said the year 2018 was mine because I graduated high school, but that wasn’t strictly true. Every year is mine from 2018 onwards because the happiness and growth I have achieved is not something I am going to let go of. I’m ready for this prosperous year.

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.