Hello, everyone! I have yet another delicious vegan recipe to share with you all! This one is a pea pesto pasta with sundried tomatoes & arugula! For this recipe, you will need to make a vegan parmesan that you will add to the pesto. The ingredients for the “parmesan” are so simple and it takes less than a minute to make! All you need is:
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¾ cup cashews
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
The ingredients for the rest of the recipe are as follows:
- 1 ½ cups backed basil
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 cup green peas (if frozen, thawed)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 10 oz. pasta (you can use whole wheat pasta to add some more nutrients and make the dish healthier!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup arugula, loosely packed
- To make the pesto, combine all the ingredients except the olive oil. Then, while the machine is running, stream the olive oil through the top. Continue blending until creamy and fully combined.
- To make the pasta, fill a large saucepan ¾ full with water and bring to boil. Then, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain the noodles when fully cooked.
- After the pasta is drained, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and sundried tomatoes. Sautee for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the cooked pasta and pea pesto & arugula. Serve warm.
This recipe has become yet another one of my favorite vegan recipes because it brings together a bunch of flavors all at once! The peas give a sweetness to the dish, while the sundried tomatoes and pine nuts give it a savory flavor, and the cashews and nutritional yeast give it the perfect amount of nutty and cheesy flavor!