Three Habits That Changed My Life

Hi, hope everyone is doing well. So it’s the end of October and I still don’t see red, yellow, and orange leaves. I see green leaves because it was just 80 degrees in Virginia. Anyway, I digress. Today I wanted to talk about habits. It takes about a month to build a habit, whether that be a bad habit or a good one. For this particular article post, I wanted to talk about the good habits I have gotten into. So without further ado. 

1. 1. Planning

Journal opened to September

I have always been a planner, but since freshman year of college, I have taken that to the next level. Something that helped me do that is my planner. A good planner helps me keep my head on straight and I can see myself using a planner even when I graduate college and get into the workforce. I particularly use planners by Erin Condren, but any planner is a good planner. 

2. 2. Eating a good breakfast

assorted fruit breakfast with toast

Notice the word good, because before this year, actual breakfast could have been a poptart. Now, there's nothing wrong with a poptart, but it’s not the best choice, and I don’t know if it’s just me but a poptart does not stay with me long. Now my breakfasts can include cereal (I like Honey Bunches of Oats), oatmeal with fruit, or a bagel with fruit. 

3. 3. Establishing a nighttime routine

I remember when I was in high school and I noticed that my teeth weren’t the whitest they could’ve been. I mean they were clean and nice but they could have been better. I decided the solution to that would be to get my teethed bleached or whitened. I thank my mom for saying no and not allowing me to do that. It wasn’t until this summer that I established a firm nighttime routine that included brushing my teeth (which is something I didn’t do at night) and using a mouthwash. Since using and keeping up with this routine, I noticed that my teeth look beautiful and I guess the secret was to brush my teeth more than once a day. 

Alright, so those are three habits that I managed to get into. Hope this leaves you with some encouragement to get into your own good habits. Until next time!