books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
Wellness

Mental Organization for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

With finals just around the corner, organization is key. Of course, the obvious signs of organization come from a clean room and a neatly arranged desk, but sometimes the less obvious but more important space for organization around finals time is within your mind.

By organizing your thoughts and feelings before finals week, you are more likely to be able to think clearly and study for your exams in a more meaningful way. I’m here to give you some tips on how to do some mental decluttering so that you can reap the benefits during finals week!

Stay Calm

One of the quickest ways to throw your mental organization out the window is by freaking out. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when your list of to-dos just keeps getting higher and your list of “dones” pales in comparison, but the important thing to keep in mind is that the end is in sight. By staying calm and making sure your priorities are in order, you will have a much greater sense of clarity when trying to study!

Social media detox

With so much to do in so little time, wasting time looking at cat memes and that guy you hate from middle school’s posts takes a big chunk out of the time you could spend studying or sleeping. For finals week, consider deleting your social media accounts. Your mental health and your studying habits will thank you for it.

Mental checklist

Making sure to keep your priorities in mind during finals week will help you to focus better when you have free time. By making a list of your priorities and keeping them in mind, you will stay on track and your study sessions will pass by quickly thanks to your on-track mind.

Making sure you take care of yourself is imperative during finals week; if you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t expect yourself to do well on exams. By ensuring that the time you spend preparing for finals is used in the most efficient way, you will be able to crush your finals!

likes: writing dislikes: 8am classes