kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How A Girls Night in May Increase Self-Improvement

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

It’s Friday night. Your energy levels are plummeting after a long day of classes, and honestly the last thing that would help your throbbing head is a night out. There’s no shame in staying in! Having a girls night in once a month can boost your mood and help you become more aware of any harmful habits you may have developed, which will eventually lead to self-improvement. Here’s how a girls night can be beneficial to not only your mental health, but also the relationships you have with your girlfriends.

You Get to Spend Time With Your BFFs!

Honestly, who wouldn’t want that? Watching the brand new rom-com on TV with your best friends can help your mind to focus on the simple happiness that spending time with your girlfriends can bring to you. Connecting with other girls and talking about what’s going on in your life is a really healthy way to express yourself and be heard, especially when your friends are genuine and caring people. That way, you can healthily express the way you feel, instead of eating your heart out over a boy. 

You Get to Focus on Yourself

Girls nights are usually home to a plethora of face masks and baking for my friends and I. Even though the grease of the cookies we bake may cancel out the face masks, there is something soul-repairing about slathering on a thick face mask and peeling it off to reveal a dewy glow that ultimately makes you feel more confident in yourself.

Relaxation Can Really Renew

Being able to relax after a long week of exams, drama and stress can really allow you to turn the other cheek for the upcoming week. I find that if I am able to take a couple hours for myself and my besties over the weekend, I am almost 100% more renewed and focused by my Sunday night library sessions. The energy that I spend on myself can be transformed into the energy that I put in to my academics and therefore helps me to develop my self-improvement skills.

Self-improvement can be demonstrated in many different ways, but by taking a step back and relaxing on a girls night in, your self-worth and focus can be bolstered to increase your determination and therefore help you improve!

likes: writing dislikes: 8am classes