This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello, everyone! I am back with another fall recipe. This recipe makes for such a scrumptious breakfast. It’s the end of November now, which means crisp air and the beginning of heater season. My recipe requires an oven, so hopefully during these cool fall mornings, you will enjoy the heat and smell from the baking breakfast. Without further ado, I introduce you to this edition of Fall Recipes: Hash brown Casserole.

Hash Brown Casserole

Ingredients

2 lbs frozen shredded hash browns, thawed

½ cup butter, melted

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 pint of sour cream

½ cup onion, chopped

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 11×14 inch casserole or baking dish with cooking spray.

2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.

Tips

– Add more onion than is required for a crunchier, slightly sweeter dish.

– Pair with some fruit for a nice meal.

– Depending on your oven, you may have to cook yours longer than 45 minutes.

Follow these steps and tips for a scrumptious hash brown casserole. What’s your favorite breakfast casserole? Let me know in the comments below.

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.