This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well! The fall semester has officially started and I’m already stressed, but I digress. I am happy to be writing this article because these tips have helped me relax a little while getting back in the groove of school. Here are 5 tips to make your school life easier.

Pack your backpack the night before

This has helped me tremendously when getting up at 8 am. I always make sure I have all my notebooks, pens, phone charger, headphones, laptop, and mask either packed in my backpack or on my desk.

Pack a snack bag

So this semester, I am gone from 8am to 2pm and I don’t have a meal plan, so I need snacks to keep me going. The night before, I pack a few snacks and then the next morning, I cut up some fruit and that is my lunch 3x a week. For those that don’t have a schedule like me, it’s still good to pack a couple of snacks for that mid-morning or afternoon drain.

Create a Playlist

This doesn’t necessarily make life easier, but I have been doing this the past two school years. I create a playlist of all my favorite music at the time and then add music as new music comes out or I just like different music. It kind of sets the theme for my school year; this year’s playlist is titled “Senior Year Chill”. 

Get to class 15 minutes early the first week

This may seem like a drag, but trust me. The first day you should be getting there early anyway to get a good seat, but sometimes people add and drop a class after the first day. When people do that, they will get there early the next class period and might end up taking your seat. That happened to me in two of my classes and I’m still pressed about it.

Plan your meals

Like I said earlier, I don’t have a meal plan this year so I am making all my meals. Every Thursday or Friday I will start thinking about what I want for the following week and make a menu. This is so helpful because I can buy everything in one go at the grocery store and it helps save money in the long run.

Hope you enjoyed! Until next time.

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.