etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things About Napping After Morning Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

We all hate morning classes. There’s just something about them that are so annoying. Probably because we stayed up until 3am finishing homework for them, but that’s beside the point. It’s early, your room’s still warm and cozy, and your bed is so inviting — you don’t want to get up. But, unfortunately, you push the covers away, swing your legs out of bed, and you start getting ready. Fast forward two or three hours, and you’re finally finished with your morning classes and don’t have anything to do until 6pm that night. So, what do you do? If you were on the phone with your parents, you’d probably say something like, “Oh, I’d go study in the library!” or “I’d get some much needed laundry/cleaning done!”

Except, we know the real you.

You’re gonna nap. And boy, oh boy, are those the most amazing naps. Here’s why.

Your bed is soft.

You have lots of fluffy pillows.

You drew your curtains closed so it’s dark.

Your roommates all have class now so you’re all alone.

You made sure not to put on makeup before going out this morning and don’t have to worry about eyeliner smudges.

Naps are great. Naps are life.

You can categorize Royall as either Leslie Knope when she has her color-coded binders: or Hyde whenever Jackie comes into a room before they start dating: There is no in-between.  Royall recently graduated with her B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology from CNU and now studies Government & International Relations at Regent University. She also serves as the Victim Advocate and Community Outreach Coordinator for Isle of Wight Co., VA in Victim Witness Services. Within Her Campus, she served as a Chapter Writer for CNU for one year, a Campus Expansion Assistant for a semester, Campus Correspondent for two years, and is in the middle of her second semester as a Chapter Advisor.  You can find her in the corner of a subway-tiled coffee shop somewhere, investigating identity experiences of members of Black Greek Letter Organizations at Primarily White Institutions as well as public perceptions of migrants and refugees. Or fantasizing about ziplining arcoss the French Alps.