alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Must-have Items for Summer Break

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Summer Break is almost here, Captains! Looking forward to the time you’re going to have not writing term papers or making study guides? Well, we’ve definitely got the best stuff for your summer holiday! From makeup to a much-needed pleasure read, we’ve got it all. Check out the things you’re going to need most for your time on the beach or hiking in the mountains or trapezing across the European countryside.

Deodorant for When You Go on that Date on the Beach

Secret’s Invisible Solid deodorant comes in eleven different scents to give you long-lasting 48 hour protection and lasting fragrance. It’s perfect for that nerve-wracking dinner date on the beach; you’ll smell great!

Feminine Cleansing Wash for When You Get Your Period At Camp

There’s nothing worse than getting your period while at camp — you’re constantly outside, everyone smells, and you just want to be clean. Summer’s Eve has you covered: their Gentle Foaming Wash and Cleansing Cloths are perfect for that time of the month. Feel fresh everyday with their two feminine scents: Mandarin Blossom and Coconut Water, both of which are available in both products. The cleansing cloths are perfect for on-the-go cleansing, especially when you can’t get to a fully-functioning bathroom when you need it. Both products are gyno-approved, hypoallergenic, and safe to use everyday (if you want).

A Good Book for When You’re Working on Your Summer Tan

Ever been at the beach when the water’s too cold to get in but you still need something to do (besides eat)? Yeah, so have we. But, behold! A perfect novel is here for you. Featuring the age-old socioeconomic class-clash-turned-love-story, White Fur includes all the ingredients for the perfect beach read: two people from different walks of life meet, fall in love, and experience twist after turn. It captures the ferocity of young love, making a modern love story with all the classic twists.

A ToothBrush Protector for When You’re Travelling

Okay, one: everyone hates a dirty toothbrush. Two: no one wants to waste money on those mini-toothbrush things. Steripod has the perfect solution: a clip on protector with active vapors of thymol that keeps your toothbrush clean for three months and is perfect to keep your toothbrush from being contaminated while you travel. After that long flight, you won’t need to worry about how clean your toothbrush is and can brush your teeth as soon as you get to the airport!

Eyebrow Pencil for When You’re Going Out on a Friday Night

Vacay-ing in Miami? (Yeah, we’re not, but yay for you!) You’re gonna be going to clubs on the strip at least once while you’re there, and of course you’re going to shape up your eyebrows before you go. But then, you either wax too much off or don’t get rid of enough, and then you’re s.o.l… and freaking out. Thankfully,  essence cosmetics, which are available at Target, Ulta, and Harmon, created an awesome eyebrow designer for the nights you go out and need to fix the errors of brow threading or waxing. Be amazed at how easy it is to blend, especially with the added brush!

Be on the lookout on our social media pages for info about a Finals Week giveaway we’re going to be doing — you can score some of these goodies for FREE!

You can categorize Royall as either Leslie Knope when she has her color-coded binders: or Hyde whenever Jackie comes into a room before they start dating: There is no in-between.  Royall recently graduated with her B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology from CNU and now studies Government & International Relations at Regent University. She also serves as the Victim Advocate and Community Outreach Coordinator for Isle of Wight Co., VA in Victim Witness Services. Within Her Campus, she served as a Chapter Writer for CNU for one year, a Campus Expansion Assistant for a semester, Campus Correspondent for two years, and is in the middle of her second semester as a Chapter Advisor.  You can find her in the corner of a subway-tiled coffee shop somewhere, investigating identity experiences of members of Black Greek Letter Organizations at Primarily White Institutions as well as public perceptions of migrants and refugees. Or fantasizing about ziplining arcoss the French Alps.