This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

You are almost there, tigers! Finals week is in full swing which can only mean two things: hours of studying in the Cooper library AND winter break is just around the corner. Before you finish your last exam and head home, here are a few reminders to end this semester off on a good note and prepare for your return in January.  

Return Book Rentals

Whether you rent your textbooks from the university bookstore or Amazon, make sure you don’t miss those due dates! You don’t want to pay any late fees, and it will be one less thing you need to worry about over break.

Clean Out The Fridge

Finals week is hectic, and I’m sure the last thing on your mind is checking expiration dates on your groceries. Before leaving for the month-long break, take fifteen minutes to go through your dorm or apartment kitchen (extra points if you get your roommates to join you!). Throw out anything that is expired or take home anything that will expire by January. Wipe down the shelves in the refrigerator and don’t forget to go through the freezer as well!

Throw a Load of Laundry In

After a month off, you don’t want to come back to Clemson and see dirty laundry piled high in your room. Take a study break this week to throw a load of laundry in – it will prevent you from doing it in January, and it will make packing for winter break easier.

Pack for Break

Speaking of, make sure to carve out some time this week to pack for winter break. It can be a slightly more daunting task than you thought. You have a month to account for, and it can be a cold one. Write out a list of the “do-not-forgets,” and you are already one step ahead of forgetting your favorite sweater for Christmas dinner. Load up your car before your last exam and fill up on gas – as soon as your final lets out, you are ready to go!

BONUS: Update Your Planner

Get ready for next semester by clearing out anything you no longer need from this semester out of your planner. You don’t need those due dates or wrinkled copies of the syllabus anymore. Print out a fresh copy of your classes for next semester – your future self with thank you!  

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.