Why Rupi Kaur Should Be on Your Reading List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Everyday women, myself included, idolize other women in our lives, whether they are family members, friends, celebrities or just a random girl that goes to our school. We celebrate their strength, beauty, confidence and power, all of which are admirable elements to recognize within each other. However, sometimes we get lost in others and forget the unique beauty within ourselves. Rupi Kaur, a feminist writer and poet, writes empowering pieces directed towards women. Kaur reflects on the universal hardships of women, yet emphasizes the strength that every woman holds within herself. As a vulnerable writer, Rupi Kaur focuses on deeply personal topics, such as love from loss, healing from abuse, and strength from weakness that sends a powerful message to all whom read her work. Below are some examples of her work on…

Moving on

Sisterhood

Legacy

Power

Life lessons

Complexity

Self love

Kindness

Strength

Heartbreak

Self worth

Balance

Love

Resilience

Purity

If you want to read more of Rupi Kaur’s work visit her instagram (@rupikaur_), website, or look into her two published pieces (The Sun and Her Flowers and Milk and Honey)

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19