samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

When Stress is Too Much

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Things to do when the stress is too much

I know that I’ve personally been stuck inside of a giant stress-bubble for the past few weeks, so I thought I would share with you all some of my ways of coping with it.

Take a shower

There is nothing that washes away stress like a long, hot shower. For those 15 minutes that you’re in there, you get to forget about your problems and just relax. It’s like getting a really warm hug. Bonus points if you have time to actually take a bath.

Watch some Netflix

While this may seem counterproductive, I like to take a study break by watching an episode of Parks and Rec or 30 Rock. If you watch a comedy they are only about 20 minutes long, which is the perfect amount of time to give your brain a breather. Just make sure you don’t get sucked into an accidental binge.

Step outside

Sometimes when you’re stressed, you don’t have any time to enjoy the beautiful Clemson weather. But just a few minutes on your porch or a short walk around Bowman can relieve some of that built-up tension.

Treat yourself

Go buy some ice cream at 55 Exchange, or indulge yourself in your favorite glass of wine. Something comforting and familiar helps me relieve all kinds of stress.

Make a list

I don’t find anything more satisfying than crossing something off of my to-do list. If making a to-do list will stress you out even more, just make a list of things that make you happy. It’ll be a nice reminder that everything is ok and the stress won’t last forever.

Remember why you’re doing it all

My number one goal in life is to be a successful teacher. When things get too tough, I remind myself that it will all be worth it in the end. If you keep things in perspective, life can be a lot more fun and easier to handle.

thumbnail credit

My name is Carly McRae and I'm a junior at Clemson University. I'm studying Secondary Education with an emphasis in English and am in denial that I'm more than halfway done with school. I'm a member of TakeNote, our female a cappella group, Clemson University Singers, as well as the Beta Kappa chapter of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. I love being a Clemson tiger and am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!