This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Remember your senior year of high school when you knew everything was slowly coming to an end and you really didn’t feel like doing homework, studying for tests and just dealing with school, period? Well, welcome to Senioritis: College Edition!

By definition, Senioritis (for those of you who have no clue what it is) is an affliction of students in their final year of high school or college, characterized by a decline in motivation or performance. Here are some ways that I’m trying to avoid falling victim to Senioritis:

1. Realize that your senior year isn’t over until graduation day.

No matter where you are in your senior year whether you’re a few months in, or only have a few months to go, you shouldn’t forget that there’s still work to be done. Your school year doesn’t end until you take your last exam and can leave campus with the knowledge that you are about to graduate. A lack of motivation and performance can bring your grades down and potentially impact your chances of graduating.

2. There is still so much you can do and learn.

During the last year of college, it can seem like you have learned everything there is to know and that it’s time to move on to the next stage of life. The reality is that there’s still so much you can learn before it’s time to move on to the next phase of life. So, take advantage of every opportunity you have to learn.

3. Stay Focused!

Believe me, being a Senior myself, I know how hard it is to sit in class everyday knowing that you’ll soon be receiving the most amazing (and expensive) piece of paper you’ve ever received. It’s so easy to become unfocused in class, while doing homework and taking tests. But, trust me, there’s nothing more rewarding than knowing at the end of the day you stayed focused and finished strong!

4. Celebrate

Even while school is still going on, one way you can avoid falling into the trap of senioritis is finding little ways to celebrate how far you’ve come. Usually my celebrations involve Netflix and ice cream, but there are plenty of ways to celebrate the victory that comes with making it to your senior year of college. For example, treat yourself to a nice dinner, get a Mani-Pedi, do fun things with your friends that help you to relax and unwind!

Congratulations Fellow Senior! As you near the end, I hope these tips will help you conquer the rest of your senior year and finish strong!

I am the type of person that will laugh in the middle of a silent room because of something that happened days ago!
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19