This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

So, if you live in this current century and haven’t been hiding under a rock for the past few years, you just might have seen a lot of people posting short poems on a white background around social media. These poems tend to be very simple and sweet with a small signature at the bottom by the poet herself, Rupi Kaur.

Rupi is a young Indian-Canadian poet born in Punjab, India who writes about many relevant topics such as family, love, friendship, marriage and much more. She’s most famous for her collection of poems entitled Milk and Honey released in 2014 and a newer set titled The Sun and Her Flowers announced in 2017. She rapidly became popular in the eyes of teen and young adult women with her delicate and soul rendering use of words to describe her personal experiences. Somehow, Kaur’s poems find their way inside of us and shine light on the emotions we never show in public.

If you’re unfamiliar with her work, or if you need some help jumping on to the Rupi Kaur bandwagon, then here are some poems that you might connect to.

Inner Strength

Self-Love

Independence

Feminism

Heartbreak

Self-Worth

Love  

Hemani Patel

Clemson '19

Hi readers! My name is Hemani Patel, and I am Senior Biochemistry major at Clemson University. When I'm not in the library (which is most of the time), I'm usually watching movies, with my friends, or practicing with my Bollywood fusion dance team! I'm also very adventurous, so I like to travel and be around new places and people.
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.