This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

After a long day of classes and meetings, the last thing we college kids need is to waste time thinking about what we want to eat. That’s not even the hard part because we can just Google some recipes we may want to try. The main attraction for us in preparing a meal is..…*drum roll*….‘QUICK’! We can all agree that none of us has enough energy to prepare a full meal after a very long day or in the morning when we’re on the go. So here are some of my favorite meals you can prepare if you’re a busy college student and don’t want to waste too much time.

1. Breakfast: Microwave Oatmeal (prep time: 4 min)

Recipe:

• Add ½ cup of dry oatmeal to a bowl with enough water to slightly immerse the oatmeal.
  • To that, add a dash of salt and 1-2 teaspoons of sugar (you can also add other ingredients like cinnamon or walnuts as per your liking).
  • Put all of this in the microwave for about 1 ½ – 2 minutes.
  • When the oats are done, take them out of the microwave and add just a little milk or any fruits you may like!

2. Breakfast: Peanut butter and banana toast (prep time: 3 min)

• Toast a slice of bread and spread peanut butter (or Nutella!) on it.
  • Put some slices of banana on top and you’re done!  

3. Lunch: Black bean quesadillas (prep time: 15 min)

Recipe:

• Rinse some black beans and add to a bowl.
  • Add some shredded cheese, onion, corn kernels and taco seasoning to the bowl
  • Put the mix on one side of a tortilla and wrap it like a quesadilla.
  • Put the quesadilla on skillet with about 2 teaspoons of oil to let the tortilla cook.

4. Lunch: Feta tomato grilled cheese (prep time: 10 min)

Recipe:

• Take two slices of bread and add some feta cheese to each side.
  • Cut up some slices of tomato and lay them on top of the feta cheese.
  • Add some red pepper flakes (optional)
  • Put the two slices together and add to a skillet with some oil to let the sandwich warm up.

5. Dinner: Dragon Noodles (prep time: 20 min)

Recipe:

• Boil some lo-mien noodles with a dash of salt until al dente.
  • Make sauce by mixing brown sugar, soy sauce and sriracha (enough to cover the amount of pasta).
  • On a skillet, add two tablespoons of butter and red pepper flakes. Once the butter is melted, add a whisked egg and gently stir until the egg is cooked.
  • Add the drained pasta to the skillet with the prepared sauce and cook for a few more minutes.

6. Dinner: Chicken/bean avocado burrito (prep time: 10 min)

Recipe:

• Cook some cut chicken in a skillet or some refried beans (vegetarian)
  • Slice up an avocado.
  • Add the chicken/refried beans to a tortilla. Put the avocado slices on top with some shredded cheese.
  • Wrap the tortilla like a burrito.
  • Add two teaspoons of oil in a skillet and cook the tortilla.

Hemani Patel

Clemson '19

Hi readers! My name is Hemani Patel, and I am Senior Biochemistry major at Clemson University. When I'm not in the library (which is most of the time), I'm usually watching movies, with my friends, or practicing with my Bollywood fusion dance team! I'm also very adventurous, so I like to travel and be around new places and people.
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19