How to Have a Tasty Thanksgiving Without Missing Out on Family Time: Easy Thanksgiving Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

1. Apple Pie Bites: These delicious little bite-sized treats taste just as good, if not better, than the real deal. They only take 30 minutes to make and are ten times easier to serve than a generic apple pie.  
  2. Honey-Glazed Baby Carrots: These literally take 15 minutes. Although nutrition isn’t a dire concern during Thanksgiving dinner, it doesn’t hurt to add in some healthy vitamins from the baby carrots. The honey glaze even masks the fact that you’re eating a vegetable.  
  3. Perfect Blender Sweet Potato Casserole: The word “blender” attracted me to this recipe. You simply throw all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor, top it with some marshmallows (okay, yum), and you’re set. Who wouldn’t call this a winner? 
  4. Homemade Cranberry Sause: The homemade part of this recipe threw me off a little bit. I don’t know about you, but that doesn’t sound too easy to me. But after one click, I found out this “homemade” dish only involves THREE ingredients: cranberries, orange juice and white sugar. Need I say more? 
  5. Caramel Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip: Dessert is always my star at Thanksgiving dinner, especially ones that contain all things good in the world: caramel, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake. This recipe only calls for four ingredients, so it’s great to whip up quickly as an appetizer for your guests.  

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19