jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Changes to Make for the Best Semester Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

It’s that time again – time to head back to class and hit the books for the start of the new semester. The beginning of the semester can be fun, but it can also turn scary quickly if you aren’t prepared. If you start your semester off strong, the rest should go smoothly!

Get Organized

If you aren’t organized, then you’re already off to a bad start! Sit down, write out your classes, and set out specific notebooks or binders for each. Print off the syllabus and write down any important deadlines or dates in your agenda so you won’t forget when those deadlines come around. Being organized plays a huge part in being productive and will help you go a long way!

Go to Bed Earlier

This one is a big one for me. Over the break (and honestly in general), I like to stay up late and sleep in really late, which is a big NO. I have 8 a.m. classes this semester, so things have to change. Going to bed earlier will give me more energy to be productive for the next day and get through those crazy 8 a.m. classes!

Don’t Procrastinate

Start assignments ahead of time or as soon as you get them so you won’t get behind or stressed out when the due date comes closer. Starting your assignments early will help you get ahead and stay on track for your classes.

Don’t Take Naps

This is also another big one for me! I love to nap, but afterward, I usually still feel tired and lazy and end up not wanting to get anything done. Instead of a nap, just take breaks, go on a walk, do a quick workout, or go grab a coffee to keep you energized for the day ahead

It’s only the beginning of the semester, so start off strong and use some of these tips to have a great semester. I know you can do it!

Morgan Wagner

Clemson '21

I'm a Senior Management major at Clemson University. I am currently apart of Women in Business, Campus Trendsetters through Her Campus, and attend FCA. I am from Greenville, SC and in my free time I enjoy spending time with friends and family, loving on my two cats, and watching Netflix!
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).