10 Perfect Gifts for Trendy College Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Christmas is over, the New Year has come (hello 2018!), but the season of gift giving continues on! Whether you’re searching for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift or birthday surprise, 2018 is the year to end monotonous and irrelevant gifts. Put down the gift cards and resist the urge to buy a shirt she may or may not like. Instead, check out these 10 gifts perfect for college girls who love to stay with the trends.

1. Sheila Fajl Earrings

Price: $$$ ($55-$85)

These earrings are everywhere on college campuses. And there is a reason for that; they are the perfect accessory for any outfit. You can purchase them in a variety of colors, so whether you’re wearing a t-shirt and leggings to class, or a dress and heels on a date, these earrings will go and last the tell of time.

Hammered Everybody’s Favorite Hoop Earrings, Sheila Fajl, $85.00

**If you are in Clemson, you can also buy these earrings at Emmaline Boutique, located at

518 College Ave Suite 180, Clemson, SC 29631

2. Layered Necklaces

Price: $-$$$

These accessories have become more and more popular over the last year. They are perfect for Gamedays and fancier occasions. The price can vary depending on where you get them and the quality of the jewelry.

Alhena Necklace, by Gypsea Jewels, $94

Earie Layered Beaded Necklace, Francesca’s, $24

3. Stamped Cuff Bracelets

Price: $-$$

These bracelets are classy, fun, and effortless. Get a customized stamp for a more personal touch, or go with a college themed stamp for a gift she’s guaranteed to like.

ROAR LOUDER CUFF, Emmaline Boutique, $18

Go to Emmaline: 518 College Ave Suite 180, Clemson, SC 29631

4. Clear, Cute Bags

Price: $

Most stadiums have created a clear bag policy that requires women to purchase a special bag to bring into stadiums. These make great gifts for a college girl who loves going to football games!

Clear Crossover Bag, Greek Gallery, $9.99

353 College Ave, Clemson, SC 29631

5. New Balance Sneakers

Price: $$-$$$

One of the most common shoes on college campuses, and rightfully so; these shoes are ultra comfortable and extremely versatile. The color options are endless, so there’s something for every girl out there!

574 Serpent Luxe, New Balance, $89.99

6. Wine Accessories

Price: $

If the girl you’re buying for likes to drink, cute wine glasses are a fantastic gift option. You can never have too many, and they won’t break the bank!

4pc Cheers Stemless Wine Glasses, Target, $9.99

7. Sorority Gear

Price: $-$$

If the girl you’re buying for is in a sorority, this is a perfect go-to gift. Anything from jewelry, to flags, to keychains can help her represent her sisterhood.

Personalized Sorority Keychain, Etsy, $15.00

Pi Beta Phi Flag, Greek Gallery, $19.99

Go to the Greek Gallery: 353 College Ave, Clemson, SC 29631

8. Candles

Price: $

Every girl, for some unknown reason, loves candles. It’s a female fact. You can’t go wrong with one of these as a gift! Buy a candle with a cute outside to let it double as an adorable decoration.

Petite Decorative Tin Candle, Voluspa, $9.00

9. Laptop Stickers

Price: $

Laptop stickers are a fantastic way to show your personality around campus. Stickers that represent a home state, favorite TV show, or quote are great gifts to show someone how much you know (and care) about them

For all of your sticker needs, I recommend using Redbubble.com

10. Swell Water Bottles

Price: $$

With tons of colors and patterns to choose from, these insulated water bottles will be the perfect, trendy way to keep any drinks cold (or that morning coffee hot!).

Calacatta Gold, Swell Bottle, $35.00

Clemson University Her Campus Senior Editor
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19