Non-Spicy Non-Vodka Pasta Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This recipe may be known as Gigi Hadid’s pasta recipe but it had been around for a while, she just shared it with fans. I decided to try a non-spicy option because I forgot to get paprika at the store. Here are the ingredients you need: 

• Ingredients: ¼ cup olive oil*

• 1 small clove of garlic, diced

• ¼ green onion*

• ¼ cup tomato paste*

• ½ cup heavy cream*

• 1 tablespoon vodka

• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

• Your choice of pasta*

• 1 tablespoon butter*

• ¼ cup parmesan cheese*

• Basil

• Salt and pepper to taste*

I made modifications to the recipe and used the ingredients starred above. Instead of green onion, I used a regular onion. Instead of tomato paste, I used crushed tomatoes which were freshly picked and needed to be used. 

Directions:

-In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil tomatoes and onion. Cook until soft. Add in the heavy cream. Add in the red pepper flakes. Keep stirring until combined. Season with salt and pepper or other seasoning of your choice. Remove sauce from the heat.

-Cook pasta separately. When the pasta is done, save ¼ of the pasta water before draining. Add in the butter. Stir over medium heat until the butter has melted.

-Add pasta – and the pasta water – to the sauce. Add parmesan cheese and stir. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and basil to serve (Grazia Magazine).

I would rate this pasta a 9/10. I would definitely add pepper flakes the next time I make it. The pasta tasted great but it was missing that extra “oomph” of flavor: seasoning.

Bon-appetit!

Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.