Anna Schultz-Girls Posing With Pizza
Anna Schultz-Girls Posing With Pizza
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Monday Meals with Monica: Pizza Dough

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

I have decided to start a weekly Monday Meals with Monica posting. I love to cook. I love to bake. I have been doing both for myself and for the ones I love since I was little. I’ve learned from reading recipes, working with my dad, and of course watching endless Food Network episodes. I am not here saying I am an expert or the next “Master Chef” (though part of me has always wanted to be on that show—hint hint Gordon Ramsey if somehow you are reading this). I am just here to provide you with more variety of recipes and to show you that cooking and baking can be easy, fun, and most importantly delicious.

These recipes are possible to be easily changed to accommodate allergies and dietary restrictions.

So, our first recipe:

Pizza dough!

Ingredients:

• 4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 packet of yeast (about 2 ¼ tsps)
  • 2 pinches of salt
  • 1 ½ cups of water
  • Olive oil

Mix the first four ingredient in a bowl. Add the water and about 2 tablespoons of oil. Knead the mixture until it forms a ball. If it is sticky, add more flour. If it is too dry, add more water. Pour oil on the bowl enough that it is greased but not so that there is oil pooling at the bottom of the bowl.  Damp a towel and tightly cover the bowl. Keep in a clean area for about two to three hours. If this is being made hours in advance, place in the fridge instead of the counter.

After the dough has risen, cut into pieces and roll out on a flour dusted surface. After putting toppings of your choice on the crust, bake in a 350* oven for 15-20 minutes.

If you have questions or suggestions for the next Monday Meal, please comment in the section below!

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.