freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

It’s Official: Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra Are Married

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Unless you live under a rock, you have probably heard a little bit about Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s lavish wedding. The well-publicized couple tied the knot on November 30 with traditional Indian ceremonies in Jodhpur, following with a Christian wedding. Nick and Priyanka also hosted a reception in New Delhi, which was attended by Prime Minister Narenda Modi. 

Their whirlwind romance may have begun when they first met in Feburary 2017 at a Vanity Fair Oscar Party, but Nick was already smitten with Priyanka for over a year before then.  

He proposed with a beautiful Tiffany & Co. diamond, which he closed down the entire London store for in July. 

Priyanka and Nick had both previously been strictly guarded about their wedding photos, choosing to show them on Instagram before the press. They released glimpses of their wedding ceremonies last week which quickly became the talk of the internet. Nick captioned one photo “Happiest day of my life,” and Priyanka wrote “And forever starts now.”

Nick Jonas remains immensely popular due to the success of “The Jonas Brothers” boy band fame and Priyanka Chopra is one of the highest paid and most popular celebrities in India, so it is perhaps unsurprising that the couple has garnered a massive amount of attention online. People of many cultures joined together to witness a romantic love story take part on the internet in a fascinating way.  

Priyanka has been placed #94 on Forbes’s List of 100 Most Powerful Women of 2018, and Nick’s latest album has been met with critical acclaim from fans and peers alike. They are truly the definition of a power couple. 

In addition to the support of the entire internet, Nick and Priyanka’s relationship has been celebrated by friends and family. Priyanka received a sweet note from Nick’s brother Joe, who welcomed her to the family like this: “Super married! I love you both! Welcome to the family, Pri. Congratulations! My face hurts from all the smiling this week.”

We wish all the best to Nick and Priyanka, a successful love story for the ages.

Julia is a recent graduate of Clark University who loves reading, writing, and entertainment in any form. You can usually find her obsessing over a new show or movie. She shamelessly loves pop music and pop culture in general and her dog Izzie.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.