How to Make Your Own Halloween Trail Mix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

There are so many delicious Halloween recipes all over Facebook and Pinterest lately!  I want to try all of them, but baking in a dorm can be so hard.  If you want to make your own tasty Halloween treat without a lot of baking you have to try Halloween Harvest Hash Chex Mix.

Source

Debbie Chapman from Onelittleproject.com has created a delicious blend of flavors perfect for the Halloween season.  All you need for this recipe is the following ingredients for the mix:

• Rice Chex Cereal
  • Pretzels
  • Bugles
  • Candy Corn
  • Candy Corn Pumpkins
  • Reese’s Pieces

To spice up an otherwise boring mix, add a delicious sauce to sweeten it up!

• ¾ cup Butter, melted
  • ¾ cup Brown Sugar, packed
  • 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract

Once you have your ingredients follow these instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 275°F.
  2. Melt the butter in the microwave in medium bowl or measuring cup.
  3. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and whisk well until combined and dissolved.
  4. In a large mixing bowl, add the Chex cereal, pretzels and Bugles.
  5. Pour the sauce over the cereal mixture and toss gently until evenly coated.
  6. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
  7. Divide mixture on the two baking sheets and spread in even layers.
  8. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
  9. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Then add it to a large bowl, along with the candy corn, pumpkins and Reese’s Pieces. Toss to combine.
  10. Store in airtight container for best results.

If you need or want to switch out the peanuts, try it with M&Ms!

Happy cooking collegiettes!

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!