This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Halloweekend is a highly anticipated event around college campuses. It’s a weekend full of back to back costume parties. The pregames, the hangovers, the loud music and sweaty basements may not be everyone’s sip of tea. It can get exhausting and maybe you and your girls need a night in. Or maybe you want to try out something different this year. If so, here are some ideas of alternative activities for your Halloweekend.

1. Host a small campfire

Source

Jam to your favorite music, relax in some lounge wear and blankets and roast marshmallows! Take advantage of this crisp fall night, before it gets too cold to function.

2. Watch a Horror Movie

Source

Whether it be a cheesy one from the 60s or today’s most hyped movie in theaters! Not into movies? Tune in for the season 2 premiere of the best sci-fi drama series, “Stranger Things”, on October 27th on Netflix! You can thank me later.

3. Bake some Halloween treats

Source

Check out this delicious trail mix recipe we shared for minimum baking but maximum deliciousness! 

4. Tour an abandoned building

Source

This picture is of Westborough State Hospital, about a half hour away from Clark’s campus. An insane asylum that opened in 1848. *Shivers*  Be sure to be safe and follow the laws when seeking out spooky adventures this month!

5. Visit  a graveyard in the dark

Source

Discover if the movies hype up the spookiness or if the paranormal activity is real.

6. Host a special effects makeup contest

Source

FX makeup looks are everywhere on the internet during this time of  year. Grab some friends, watch a few Youtube tutorials and compete to see who can make the most realistic and scariest looks.

7. Contact Spirits using an Ouija board…if you dare

Source

But maybe try to keep the spirits out of my residence hall!

8. Attend a Pumpkin Fest

Source

Grab yourself a seasonal, hot beverage, wrap up in your scarf and sweater and head out to a local pumpkin festival to see an amazing display of carvings.

9. Go to a Fright Fest

Source

Scream your lungs out and cling onto your bestfriend when zombies chase and jump out at you!

Whatever you end up doing, get in the spirit, stay safe and have fun!

Happy Halloween, collegiettes!

Julia is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Clark University. She is currently a sophomore who is pursuing a bachelor's degree in International Development, along with a minor in Education and a concentration in Africana Studies. Julia aspires to travel the world and all it encapsulates. When she is not writing for Her Campus, Julia can be found in nature, listening to music, indulged in a good book at a local cafe or drowning in her coursework at the library.  
Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!