Alcohol Limes
Alcohol Limes
Alex Frank / Spoon

Bud Light’s Superbowl Advertisement Receives Backlash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The Super Bowl draws in millions of viewers and large companies rush for the opportunity to advertise their products. According to CBS, 30 second commercials during the Super Bowl can go up to five million dollars in cost.

Bud Light, an American favorite, ran a series of advertisements each quarter touting their beer to be healthier and better than competitors Miller Lite and Coors Light. Bud Light has recently started listing ingredients used in their beer, being the first beer in the U.S. to do so. They have taken the step to be transparent with their customers and to keep up with changing health conscious attitudes.

However, they received backlash from the National Corn Growers Association. Corn farmers were chiming in with their shared disappointment in Bud Light’s decision to attack corn, as it is America’s number one crop.

Olga is a senior at Clark University studying psychology and marketing. She's got a serious coffee addiction and a passion for writing.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.