Best Places to Shop for Special Event Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Spring is on its way and with it comes lots of fun parties and end of year events. Especially if you’re a senior, you’ll be attending quite a few things that will require you to dress up before the semester ends. Some people love shopping for special event outfits and others hate it, but no matter who you are you can find plenty of options online. We’ve rounded up some of the best sites to shop that offer a wide variety of clothing perfect for any event that comes your way!

1. Lulu’s – Lulu’s is an awesome online boutique with clothing to fit any style. They’re pretty well known for their dresses and have everything from tight bodycon styles to formal floor length gowns. Many of their styles are cut in ways that are super flattering and they always have a great sale section.

2. Rent the Runway – If you haven’t heard of Rent the Runway before, you’re seriously missing out! Rent the Runway allows you to rent designer dresses for a certain period of time for a small fee. This service is wonderful for college students because oftentimes you want the designer look without the designer price tag. Rent the Runway allows you to get some of the hottest styles for a steal and prevents you from buying a dress that you’ll only wear once before it sits in your closet forever. Not sure which size you are in a dress? Not to worry! Rent the Runway will send you the 2 sizes you’re in between at no additional charge. Bonus: when you create a new account, they’ll give you $25 off your first rental!

3. ASOS – ASOS offers a wide variety of clothing and always has the trendiest pieces available. One major bonus is that students receive 10% off their orders and shipping is free for orders over $40. ASOS is constantly curating collections with pieces from lesser known designers that are always beautiful and unique. For special event dresses, check out their “Prom” collection which has all sorts of dresses that can be worn to a wide variety of events.

4. Goodnight Macaroon – Goodnight Macaroon is a smaller online boutique which allows them to offer some stunning pieces! Be sure to check out their “Flash Sale Tuesdays” when you can snag items at up to 50% off retail price. Goodnight Macaroon is a fashion blogger favorite and they often have collections curated by bloggers themselves to help steer you in a stylish direction.

What are your favorite sites to shop, collegiettes?

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!