Behind the Mask: K. Cox

1. What are you passionate about? -My wife, kids, college students, friendships. Helping people to grow and flourish and finding God in their life.

2. The best compliment you’ve ever received? -When people speak about my character saying: I’m caring or loving.

3. Introvert or extrovert? -Both: naturally an introvert, I am better with smaller groups. Once you get to know me and I am comfortable then I am more of an extrovert

4. Best phase of your life? -Now: I feel the most confident in who I am, fulfilled with being a husband, father, and pastor.

5. What motivates you? -Faith and God’s love is what keeps me going.

6. What stands between you and complete happiness? -Myself: being too prideful, selfish. Not living up to who I want or ought to be.

7. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done? -I hope not.

8. What can turn any day right side up for you? -The virtue of joy, I experience joy, love and all those things through my wife, kids, friendships.

9. If you could go back in time and change a simple thing, what would it be? -An accident (my fault)  which resulted in my father breaking his leg, I wish I never drove that day.

10. What is your biggest insecurity? -Caring too much about what others think of me.

11. What terrifies you the most? -The thought of losing my family.

12. What did your life teach you yesterday? -How human I am: anxieties and worries.

13. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? -I would have liked to have more male role models. Now I hope to be that male role model for others since I did not have one.

14. Tell me your life story in one minute.

-Grew up in rural Arkansas. My mom is a loving and caring person was a teacher. Both my parents worked hard. When I got into middle school and high school I learned more about Jesus. I met my wife in college and also found love with college students talking about God. Fast forward now I have four kids and I am still working with college students (forever a college kid).