The Lalaearl Gray Latte And Edible Flowers
Her Campus Media
Wellness

9 Teas to Get You Through the Rest of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The seasons are changing, leading to colder weather, and that’s always the best time to drink some tea. With everyone seemingly getting sick on campus these days, stay health and calm with these select drinks.

Country Peach (Celestial Seasonings)

I discovered Celestial Seasonings Country Peach tea this summer because I thought the box was pretty. It soon became one of my favorites and I can barely make it through the day without it! Not only is the box super cute, but it smells and tastes amazing, too. It has a perfect summery flavor that adds a little kick to your day during all seasons!

Green Tea with Coconut (Harney Sons)

This is probably my favorite tea ever. My friend gave me a box of this tea for Christmas 4 years ago and I have been restocking ever since! It’s a perfect combination of coconut, lemongrass, and vanilla while still keeping a subtle classic green tea flavor.

Pumpkin Spice Rooibos (Trader Joe’s)

If you’re looking for a seasonal tea to enjoy while studying for your midterms, Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Rooibos is the perfect choice for you. Perfectly blended with seasonal flavors and aromas like cinnamon and nutmeg, this tea is the best in the family of Pumpkin Spice.

Black Tea (PG Tips)

A classic if there ever was one. If you’re gonna be boring and choose black tea (I’m not blaming you, sometimes it’s just what you need to finish that Econ paper), you might as well go with “England’s no. 1 tea.

Sleepytime (Celestial Seasonings)

We all wish we could feel as content as the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime bear, but that’s a lot to ask for at this point in the semester. But drinking Sleepytime Tea is probably the closest most of us will ever get to this feeling. I love Sleepytime Tea because it’s the perfect way to end a long night of studying (just make sure you’re actually finished studying before you start drinking it!).

Trader Joe’s “Living in Gratitude” Kombucha fall edition

It’s 2019 so Kombucha is absolutely going to make a list of top teas. And I know that not everyone is a fan of Kombucha (or their too scared to try it for some reason) but I promise that this one will not let you down. Blended with apples, turmeric, carrots, and other spices, this Kombucha is perfect for fall and carrying you through the final stretch of the semester.

“Bean tea” aka Coffee

Because if we’re being totally honest, sometimes tea really just won’t cut it.

Dragon Pearl Jasmine (Harney and Sons)

The competition for Jasmine green teas is stiff, but this one is by far the best. Floral teas might not be exactly what you’re looking for as we approach the holidays, but I promise that you will not be disappointed. My sister says that she wishes she could bottle up the scent and use it as perfume. She also says it’s best steeped for about two minutes and then added with honey and steamed milk to make it into a latté.

Peppermint Chocolate Vanilla (Tea Guys)

I’m especially partial to Tea Guys because it’s a local treasure in Western Mass, where I’m from. But don’t take my personal bias for much. Tea Guys’ Peppermint Chocolate Vanilla tea could soon become one of your favorites, too. I would save this one as a final treat once you’ve finished the semester as a way to celebrate your achievement and to get excited about the upcoming holidays (but if you can’t wait I don’t blame you).

Emily Dean

Clark '22

Clark U '22!
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.