5 Healthy Snacks to Help You Through Finals Weeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

With the semester coming to a close and finals quickly approaching, you’re probably wondering how you’re ever going to get through these strenuous last weeks. Long hours of studying and paper writing will land you smack-dab in the middle of the library – and that means a whole lot of binge eating. To maintain your sanity and diet, here are 5 healthy snacks that will allow you to binge eat the right way!

1. Yogurt with Granola and Fruit

If you’re craving something on the sweet side, low fat vanilla yogurt mixed with your choice of fruit and granola is always a go-to snack. It’s a snack that brings out a variety of flavors and textures that can balance all cravings. This delicious combo can help keep your taste buds happy and your tummy full for longer. 

2. Trail Mix

Whether you make it yourself or buy it from the Bistro, trail mix is jam-packed with protein, and is the perfect snack to settle your salty (and sweet) craving in a healthy manner. The combination of assorted salted nuts and sweet dried cranberries brings the best of both worlds into one snack. And, you can always add some chocolate chips to make your sweet tooth extra happy. 

3. Cheese and Apple Slices

In this combination the dairy and fruit compliment one another, and provide both vitamins and protein when you’re hard at work to keep you energized and focused. You can mix and match different types of cheese with red or green apples to suit whatever your taste buds desire.

4. Baby Carrots with Hummus

Hummus is something I always have in the refrigerator because I eat it with anything and everything (well, almost). I pair it with a multitude of healthy options such as whole-wheat pretzels, pita bread, and most of all, baby carrots. You can pick from an array of different flavors that pair well with the carrots, like roasted red pepper, kalamata olive and roasted garlic. Both high in protein and vitamins, carrots and hummus are the perfect on-the-go snack. 

5. Pretzels and Nutella

While the rest of this article has focused on healthy options for finals weeks, it is okay to splurge (in moderation!) Easy to pack up and travel with, pretzel rods and Nutella are a delicious way to experience chocolate covered pretzel in a guilt-free way. Whole-wheat pretzels are just as delicious as normal pretzels yet they’re healthier because they lack unhealthy fats and oils. Nutella is made with skim milk and if eaten in moderation, can make a bland snack decadent.

It’s a busy time of year for students across all college campuses, and finding the time to eat seems harder than it should be – or so we thought. These inexpensive, readily accessible options can be easily prepared and packed for the busiest and longest days during finals weeks. It may seem impossible to kick our old, unhealthy habits to the curb now that all of us Collegiettes are under SO much pressure, but you may very well find yourselves begging for more of these delicious snacks during your future finals weeks!

Samantha Coleman is a student at Clark University, in the midst of pursuing a degree in English and Women and Gender Studies. She thoroughly enjoys reading and analyzing literature, especially literature that pertains to the impacts of women on society, which she knows is a hefty impact! Among reading, she is an avid writer, where she creates works that help women feel confident in their own skin. You can find her stretching out on a yoga mat, catching up on personal reading, or throwing punches at a boxing gym. While she hopes to pursue a career in teaching English literature, Samantha is very excited to write for Her Campus.
Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!