This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

It’s the time of the semester that every college student dreads. Finals week. For some it’s the most stressful, tiresome, and worst part of their college careers. But, it does not have to be that way. Do you want some tips to make your finals week better? Keep reading to find out some helpful tips!

1. Ask Questions: Before your final make sure to ask all questions regarding the test, whether it’s what to study, or how to do a particular problem. This way you better understand the material, and are prepared when the exam time arrives.
  2. Create your own study guide: Even if your professor gives you a study guide, it’s not a bad idea to make your own. By doing this, you are better your chance of remembering the material, and will have a higher change of acing that exam!
  3. Start Early: By starting your study sessions early, you are not only minimizing your stress levels, but you won’t be stuck cramming the night before the exam. You’ll preform better, and I promise you’ll thank yourself later for it.
  4. Take Breaks: You can’t memorize or comprehend all the material all at once, so don’t over due it. Make sure to make a schedule in which you plan to study, and when you feel overwhelmed, or tired, make sure to take a break. Don’t over work yourself.
  5. Stay-well rested: Make sure you get a good night’s sleep. Don’t try to stay up the whole night to cram for an exam. If you go into the test tired, you’re chances of acing that exam is flawed. By getting a good night’s sleep, your memory and energy will be higher, and 9/10 times will do very well on that exam.

While finals week can be very stressful for most college students, there are many ways to elevate those stress levels. So, to make sure you ace those finals, follow these five easy steps! I promise it will make your finals week much more bearable. 

Hello, I am Lyndsey Kujawa I am currently a Senior at Clarion University of Pennsylvania majoring in Communication Digital Media, with a minor in Sociology. Throughout my time at Clarion University, I have served many leadership positions, including Outreach Director, Field News Producer, News Director, and Executive TV producer for Clarion's department of Communication. In addition, I have also served as PR/Social Media coordinator for University Activities Board, PR/Social media Coordinator/executive board member for the American Advertising Club, writer for Her Campus, Sociology Club committee member, and "Love her Melon chapter at Clarion University. After college, I hope to pursue a career in becoming a television producer or a career in producing commercial and advertising content for an integrated PR Agency.