5 Ways To Work It Like A Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Ladies, listen up! If you have not already heard, you are strong, beautiful and capable of so much. Think about where you are right now in your life and picture where you could be. Are you striving and thriving or trapped and flailing? Wherever you may be in your life now, and wherever you plan to go, we can all benefit from a few helpful tips to work it like a boss. Here are five that can get you started:

TIP 1: Dress to impress you!

-Refresh your look and try something new. Think about finally cleaning out that closet and making a shopping trip. Remember though, your look is all you, so rock it! Wear it because you feel and look good to yourself, not to impress others.

TIP 2: You gotta keep your head up, and let that hair down.

-Relax! Life can be a bumpy road, but remember that you are so much stronger than the obstacles that stand in our way. Whether your idea of relaxing is reading a book and drinking tea in a bath or partying it up with some great friends, set time aside to let your hair down and do you!

TIP 3: Show ‘em what you’re made of.

-Do you have an interview coming up? Own it! Be smart and prepare so they won’t be able to forget you. Are you giving a speech or presentation? Deliver it like it was your job! Be fierce and confident. Above all, remember that you’ve got this!

TIP 4: Make it rain!

-It’s all about the Benjamins, baby! Very few people would ever say having nice things is bad. The problem is if you want it, you have to work for it. Holding a pretty wad of cash or seeing that number on your checking account grow is one sure fire way to feel like a boss. Sell old clothing or items you don’t use anymore to make bank. Oh, and of course, WORK! Ask for extra hours or offer to pick up shifts for other co-workers. Your wallet will thank you.

TIP 5: Write it, Read it, Mean it.

-Get a journal and write what’s on your mind. Talk about the good, the bad and everything in between. At the end of each entry, end it with “I’m a boss!” This is where the ‘Mean it’ comes in. Be proud of who you are, accept your mistakes and know that, even when times are tough, you can always work it like a boss!