CitySport Set to Open for Autumn Term

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

Redevelopment of City’s Sport Centre is due for completion this coming autumn. CitySport is designed to wow everyone at the beginning of the new academic year with a promise of  “outstanding facilities and equipment for students, staff and the local community.”

City University London’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Paul Curran said: “We are investing around £130 million overall to develop and upgrade our estate and facilities, some of which, including CitySport, will be open to the local community.”

The Saddlers Sports Centre closed on June 2011 to allow for the renovation of the university’s main hub of sports activity. The much-improved centre will showcase an Olympic quality six-court sports hall.

The new Saddlers Sport Hall, at the heart of the building, can accommodate various court games with seating for up to 400 spectators. The centre will also feature a 100-station fitness area, several purpose-built studios, improved and spacious changing facilities, and a cafè.

A 3D virtual tour of City’s new Sports facility from City University London’s website

Covering 3,000m² of floor space on Goswell Road, this new sports centre will aim to provide better sports and leisure experience and improve health, fitness and well-being.

According to Bill Thompson, City Uni’s Head of Sport and Leisure, “CitySport will be an important resource for students, staff and the local community and will provide a first class setting to take part in sport and realise fitness goals.”

Zay Arguelles

City London

My name is Zay Arguelles and I trudge upon life with a profound love for reading. I’m a 20-year-old Journalism undergrad at City University London. Orginally born in the Philippines, which is an archipelago in the Southeast Asia right on the fringes of the Pacific Ocean, I now find myself grasping for stars and dreams in London. I am currently the Deputy Editor of City Uni's student radio, City OnAir and you can check out my blogs on my webiste at www.zay-arguelles.comOnline Presence:Blog - Where Words FlyBook Blog - Strictly About BooksYouTube - Zay’s Channel | Where Words FlyTwitter - @zay_arguellesTumblr - wherewordsfly
Irreverent journalist, creative head of Ciao Mamma!, polyglot writer and curious filmmaker. Originally from Italy, I made my way to the big city to follow my dream of becoming a reporter. I love art, politics, frogs and halloumi. Check out my website: www.ciaomamma.it Connect on LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/martinaandretta/