This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

For those who live on the Calhoun Street and West McMillan strip, you are missing out on tons that Short Vine has to offer.

In the past, the area surrounding Short Vine did not have much to offer, but now that millions of dollars are being poured into this strip, within the next couple of years, it will be booming! Worry not, though—you don’t have to wait that long to get some good grub and a cold brew. There are already several places invested in the revamping of Short Vine and are very successful!

Take Hang Over Easy for instance. This is the first Hang Over Easy established outside of Columbus and we couldn’t be luckier to have it in Clifton. Not only does it offer delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner, but HOE also has over 40 beers on tap. Beer for breakfast? Why not?

Another new restaurant in the area is Taste of Belgium. This local favorite features an outdoor patio, 24 Belgian beers on tap, and, of course, the famous chicken and waffles. What is not to love?

Some other popular places around Short Vine are Meatball Kitchen, Which Wich, Mio’s Pizza and more!

Now that Short Vine has been established as a safe, fun area, there are tons more places to look forward to making debuts! Within the next couple years, the Short Vine district will see a new and improved Kroger (no more Kroghetto!), Walgreens and the University Plaza that is between them, along with a handful of new restaurants and bars. One bar that we are all looking forward to opening is Ladder 19! The owners of Uncle Woody’s Pub have bought the old firehouse on Vine and are currently in the process of turning it into a pub. Some things to expect from Ladder 19: the signature Ragin’ Cajun Burger, along with some other classic dishes, a fireman’s pole, and reportedly a weekend brunch with a mimosa bar and a DJ.

Catherine is pursuing a marketing degree at Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati. She loves her family, and believes family comes first. Catherine is also a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, and to never take a moment for granted because she never knows what will happen next. Fun fact: Catherine is a FOODIE! She loves all things that have to do with food, just look at her articles and you will be able to tell. Live Life, Smile, & Eat Some Good Food!