PR Grand Slam Hits Home in Cincinnati

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Friday, April 8 will mark the first-ever Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Regional Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio. PR gurus from around the country will join the University of Cincinnati’s own PRSSA chapter. PR Grand Slam: Breaking into the Big Leagues will consist of public relations-based activities throughout the city. A scavenger hunt, tours of the Queen City’s finest architecture, speaker panels of Cincinnati’s most notable PR professionals and of course, a tour of the Great American Ballpark with Red’s PR are on the schedule. Thus far, the conference is hosting attendees from Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois and Florida. With a diverse group of students and items on the public relations-filled agenda, this is sure to be a grand slam. 

So why baseball? Well, this may in fact have won UC the PRSSA Regional Conference Bid. “Cincinnati has been the hidden gem of the Midwest playing host to many firsts. The theme for our conference surrounds baseball and the MLB All Star Game that was recently in Cincinnati.  Since the Reds were the first MLB team, this theme is symbolic of not only our rich history, but also of the city’s constant innovation,” explains UC PRSSA President Nicole Price, “We aim to showcase much more than Cincinnati’s baseball history, but plan to use this recognizable theme to help structure our conference.”

With an engaging theme, UC PRSSA plans to offer different types of programming so each “base” students can pick up new knowledge or skills. “PR Grand Slam will give insight into the Public Relations industry for students, and will expand on the things they’re learning already in class,” shares Price. The goal is to better prepare students to break into the job market or as they say, “big leagues.”

“We’re really excited to have a chance to be hosting an event of this calibre. PR Grand Slam will give insight into the Public Relations industry for students, and will expand on the things they’re learning already in class,” said Price, “This has been an all-time high year for our chapter. What a way to celebrate 10 years! We can’t wait to see how this all plays out…no pun intended.”

For more information about the PR Grand Slam Conference, visit www.prgrandslam.com

Emma Gresser

Cincinnati

Emma is a junior at The University of Cincinnati and is studying Communication with Public Relations and Journalism. She has a passion for expressing creativity through words and is extremely excited to be a part of the HerCampus Cincinnati chapter!