This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

This past Friday, UC’s men’s basketball team played their first official game of the season! The boys went up against Saint Francis and ended up getting the big W with a score of 52 to 37. The guys played aggressive and with intensity throughout the whole game. They started and finished fast, kept the pressure on Saint Francis all night, and clearly showed with the final score. UC shared the ball throughout the game, and everyone was equally involved in the offense. The student sections were also hyped as always and on point with all of their cheering. This also could have been due to the ever-so-necessary guide that was handed out to the student section! Here’s what you need to know about being a Bearcat fan:

Bearcat Student Section 101

Come early, be loud, wear black! Coach Cronin delivers pizza to the student sections about 45 minutes before the game.

As they announce the opposing team’s lineup, shout the following after each starter’s name:

1. Who’s he

2. Who cares

3. Big deal

4. So what

5. Go home

When the Bearcats make their first shot (not a free throw), toss your torn up News Record in the air!

When our team shoots a three, put three fingers in the air.

When our team is shooting free throws: When our player gets the ball, point up in the air. Salute once if we make one. Salute twice if we make both.

When the other team commits a foul: “You, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, ahhh you, SUCK”

When the other team is shooting free throws, be as loud and distracting as possible!

If we win, sing the fight song.

Win or lose, stay for the Alma Mater.

It is up to the student section to set the tone of the game. Stand the entire time and cheer loud! Together we can make Fifth Third Arena the loudest in America.

Catherine is pursuing a marketing degree at Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati. She loves her family, and believes family comes first. Catherine is also a strong believer that everything happens for a reason, and to never take a moment for granted because she never knows what will happen next. Fun fact: Catherine is a FOODIE! She loves all things that have to do with food, just look at her articles and you will be able to tell. Live Life, Smile, & Eat Some Good Food!